Tuesday 17 April 2007

Is it just me, or is bad behaviour becoming more acceptable?






Is it just me or does it seem that bad behaviour seems to be more acceptable these days?


Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy, but it seems as though behaviour of children today has deteriorated. I would never have spoken to adults like my younger sisters and cousins do, neither would I have behaved in the manner that they do.


It seems to me that "Being Bad" is the "cool" thing to do today and that children believe that this is the way to become popular, by having no respect for people older than themselves.


Is this lack of respect and rise in bad behavior due to the lack of discipline that parents are allowed to enforce upon their children?


When speaking to older generations who received the cane they firmly believe that it did them no harm, in fact it taught them to have more respect for the people of authority round them.


This brings me to the idea, that perhaps schools and parents are too soft on children today.

If this lack of respect and bad behaviour continues we have to ask ourselves, where will it end?


http://www.crimereduction.gov.uk/asbos/asbos2.htm

Here is a link to an ASBO website that includes the statistics on bad behaviour.

No comments: