Thursday 19 April 2007

Response to Catherine Holmes post on smoking


I completely agree with Catherine's view that, we should all have freedom of choice to do what we want. However as she points out this means that as non smokers we also have the right not to have other people's second hand smoke enforced upon us. For example today I stood in Wolverhampton bus station and a man behind me started to smoke, the smoke all drifting in my direction meaning that if I were to breathe (which is sort of essential to help me not die) I had to inhale the smoke as well. This hardly seems fair as I have not chosen to smoke he has, so why was it being forced upon me? I also agree that smoking does not look cool and it also does not look attractive. It is a terrible habit and one that kills people.

Here is a link to Catherine's Blog
http://cat-beingbad.blogspot.com/

No comments: