Wednesday 9 May 2007

Final Blog

Age?
19

Sex?
Female

What is your degree subject (both if joint)?
Creative and Professional writing and English

Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
Not really

If so, how? And if not, why not?
The other modules that I am doing are modules that are teaching you how to do things i.e Writing for Organisations whereas this Being bad is more looking at why we do things.

Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
I have found that it is at an appropriate level.

Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
Yes, I do. Each topic was linked well to being bad.

Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
I don't think so.

Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
I think that the way that the classes have been taught well, however the only problem with the format for the classes is the ignorant people who believe that it is acceptable to talk throughout a lecture making it impossible to hear.

What did you think of the module team?
I think that the module team have all been very good. All of the lecturers knew a lot about the subject that they were talking about and were very informative.

Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
Small group discussions?
Discussion and debate among the class as a whole?
Information and talk from lecturers?

I think that small group discussions may have been a bit embarrassing in certain lectures. I like the way that if you wanted to contribute you could but nobody was forced to.

The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes I think that this was a useful way of approaching the topics.

Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
Yes

Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yes

Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
I would like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter, because this lecture has been a refreshing change from the other modules that I do.

Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn't Be Allowed’ at level 2?
Yes I have already registered it!

Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
Yes I would.

Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
Yes I do, it made a change from just writing essays and assignments.

What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?
No I think that it was better to have two shorter assessments, because the work was then spread out over a longer period of time.

What have you learned from the module?
I have learnt a lot about the subjects that we covered such as bandits and Outlaws.

What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
I found other people's opinions on things helpful as it helped me to think about how to see other people's point of view.

What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
I didn't think that any part of the module was a waste of time.

Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
No


Here is the link to the page where I got this questionnaire from

http://wolf-nt.wlv.ac.uk/common/newframeset.asp?modid=wlv1508

No comments: